Monday, January 8, 2007

first blog

My prior experiences with technology are limited. I am familiar with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to an extent. I have done simple presentations on PowerPoint and written documents on Word. I have no experience with the program Excel. I can maneuver my way around the internet and am comfortable using instant messenger. I know the basics of different technology but do not have any sort of mastery beyond.
I hope to learn a lot in this course. Specifically I desire to learn Excel and become more familiar with Word and PowerPoint. I would like to be able to use the all of the programs with ease and to develop a better understanding of the internet. I hope to sharpen my computer skills and be able to incorporate the new knowledge into my future classroom as an educator. I would like to obtain more experience with computers and be able to be useful to my future students
I learned that I am relatively equal between ACT and REF. I am somewhat more INT than SEN. I am somewhat more VIS than VRB. And I am roughly equal between SEQ and GLO. I am not strongly sided on any particular learning style- only moving slightly to one side. I am not surprised by the results of the learning styles test. I have always relied more on intuition and have performed better on tasks of which I can visually see versus just hear the information or directions. I was slightly surprised that I did not lean more towards active learning, since I usually am more inclined to need to perform the task in order to better understand the information.

No comments: