Chapter 7 discussses evaluation of technology. There is a cycle of evaluation in regards to technology integration into education. It transitions from before intstruction, during instruction, after instruction, evaluate and revise and back again through the same cycle. What is important to note is that evaluate and revise enters into all of the other phases of the cycle not just before instruction but also during and after instruction. It is essential to evaluate software applications and web resources prior to using them for instruction purposes. It is also good to evaluate how effective the integration of technology is towards the learner, the learning objectives, and the learning process. The chapter also focuses on the best method of evaluating a technology-based student project. Since students are presenting their knowledge and information more frequently through technology, it is important that the teacher has a good idea on what should be required and expected out of such a project or presentation. Finally the chapter presents appropriate and specific information for each subject area that a teacher may focus upon. In my situation the chapter was helpful in discussing technology integration into a language arts curriculum which will eventually become my field of teaching expertise.
In the last class I learned how to make a wiki. I had heard of a wiki before but was unsure of what it really was, how to obtain one, and who could get one. I now know that it is open to use by anyone who so desires and also that it can be private or public. A wiki can also be shared with a specific group and one can link their wiki to another's and a main page. I learned how to develop a wiki and enhance the details on it. It would be useful if I wanted to provide a personal web resource for my students to go to and possibly to add information. I can give the students information pertaining to the class and list helpful websites and class agendas on the wiki.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment