Monday, February 5, 2007
blog # 2
New knowledge that I acquired since my last posting was learning how to hide the gridlines for a table display on a WORD document. I used a table display to formulate a matching section on a sample test. The display was distracting to the eye and would probably have been difficult for students to match. I learned how to hide the gridlines from the printing of the finished table, but still be able to view the lines while working on the table.In chapter two I learned about three different types of communications networks. These are local area networks (LAN) (which cover limited areas, such as a school); wide are networks (WAN; can cover large areas, such as a school district); and home networks, which is the ability to connect multiple home or office computers to the same network.The impact of the internet on education has increased students' ability to learn, research, and view new information. Students can interactively visit places and sources that they would physically be unable to see. The internet also allows for multiple means of communications for students, through emails, message boards, and personal websites. Students can discuss concerns with teachers, other students, and faculty all through internet resources. There is also a program called ePALS which is a foreign exchange program via the internet that students can communicate with students from other countries who even speak a different language than themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment