Monday, February 12, 2007

blog#4

There are various types of devices for a computer. First are input devices, such as the keyboard (lets someone put information in the computer). Then there are pointing devices, which is a subcategory of input. This includes the mouse, touchpad, trackball, joystick, and touch screen. These help with navigating on the computer. Other inputs are scanners, pen devices, digital cameras, and audio/video. Next are outputs, which is the conversion of input to output by the computer. Some output devices are monitors/display, printers, projectors, fax machines, and audio output. Third type of computer devices are storage, which consist of magnetic disks, floppy disks (which are no longer used in new computer models), zip disks, hard disks, miniature hard disks, portable hard disks, optical disks and cds/dvds.
What was interesting to notice about the other students in the class was their different personalities displayed in their blog layout. Each student had a separate, individual and unique background and display that was to their own liking. I noticed what the other students highlighted as the most important material from the chapters, which in some cases were not the same as my interpretation of the chapters. One thing that was interesting to note was that Elizabeth mentioned herself as being an active learner, which is the same learning style that I posess.
From the last class I was able to learn hoe to organize a lecture or class assignment through the Inspiration software. There were several different options for divising a system of organization in the program. Before the class, I had never heard of Inspiration. It is a beneficial program and I am sure that I will be utilizing it in my career as a teacher. I think that it is a good program for maintaining organization and assuring that one covers all of the material that is required or that they desired to relay to their students. I look forward to trying more ways to use Inspiration in the future as a teacher.

No comments: