Chapter five contains a lot of information on digital media. That is those technologies that allow users to create new forms of interaction, expression, communication, and entertainment in a digital format, according to the text. This differs from technology in that technology is used for administrative tasks, training programs, and vocational and production education. Multimedia is simpley the use of more than one media. Digital media is a more specific term for defining the type of multimedia in use. Many classes today are enhancing the learning of their students through the use of digital media, specifically by integrating the web into the lessons- which provides students with extra resources that would otherwise be unavailable. Some educational software include computer-assisted instruction, drill and practice, educational games, tutorials, educational simulations, integrated learning systems, and curriculum-specific software. All of these are beneficial for teachers and students in helping to assure a well-rounded educational experience.
In the last lesson I learned more about Microsoft Word. I also learned a lot about the web and search engines. Before the last class I thought google search only offered one form of searching. I now know that there are advanced searching techniques which include more specific search tools. Also I found out that google also has maps, media, videos, book listings, and even scholar/academic articles. This will be very helpful when it comes to teaching. I will be able to locate various items to integrate into a lesson with little trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment